Friday, January 28, 2005

Failure

Why do I keep failing with this old habit of mine, which has been my enemy for 15 years and robbing me dearly?

I remember when I had the same struggle in college, I heard a song that says
"We fall down, We get up... We fall down, We get up"

John Maxwell even conferred that he fails all the time. The quality of a good leader is not 'the absence of failure'; instead it's 'to conquer failures'.

What I have to remember during this failure is:
1. God is faithful to forgive
2. Put away any condemnation, for every condemnation comes from the enemy to bring you down in despair and discouragement
3. The only constructive way of perceiving this is to get up and move on

I remember what God told me when I prayed with Mira during Sunday service at The Sanctuary last December: "Don't miss the mark".

God, forgive me for my sins. Thank you for your grace and mercy and your faithful forgiveness. Holy Spirit, please give me the strength to conquer this sin and mold me along the process. Please help me so I don't miss the mark that You have set for me and that You have called me to reach. Cleanse my heart and ignite a love so strong that I may count this earthly pleasure as mere disgusting rubbish. You are the most wonderful thing in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home